Friday, August 26, 2011

striking while the iron is plugged in

Or, I'm sorry Orla Kiely. 

I used to measure my level of crazy by how many times I painted my kitchen. 

(A lot of times.)

But I tired of painting my kitchen.  Also?  What I really want to do in my kitchen is make new counter tops.  Although, I don't know how to do that.  And?  New counter tops cost about 50 times more than a gallon + a pint of paint.  So. The painting.  It has to go somewhere. 

I'm noticing a trend in these recent blog posts.  Namely:  they're all paintings.  Which is a good gauge of my crazy.  Or at least the potential for my crazy.  Painting is the medicine for my brain that says, "shh, shh.  It's okay."  Please don't be alarmed.  I am (mostly) normal.






I've got a few avenues for selling some of these this fall.  If I get my act together afterwards...or before...who can tell?...I'll swing the doors of my lonely Etsy shop back open.  In case you are in need of some  hotel art for your walls.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

who wants to be "normal"....... boring :)
akt

Chrysanthemama said...

Beautiful!
I measure my level of crazy by how many times I rearrange the furniture. Last weekend was one of those times and now we have a blank space on the wall above our sofa. Let us know when they are ready to sell! I like the Kiely reference and painting. :)

Laura said...

Love your work!! And you are not crazy-but lucky to be so talented!! I hope to be looking for some art for a wall very soon.

jessica said...

Well, Katie, I happen to have just started a new job, and I happen to have lots of blank wall space, and I happened to be thinking of you before I even read this post, and I happen to love your paintings.

We need to talk. I will call you.

Anonymous said...

these are just all sooo awesome. keep up the great work! -jll

jen said...

WOW!!!! You are amazing!

Just Lovin' Life ~ said...

Can hardly wait to meet my new wall art in person! Yipppeee!

Christine B. said...

Hotel art, as if!

Oh, my Gram bought this paint for her counters that make it look like granite. They sell it at Home Depot and I have to say, it's pretty nice. If you are looking for a cheap fix in the mean time:)

5minutemom said...

I like this kind of crazy!