Tuesday, June 3, 2008

motivation

I'm in need of some SERIOUS motivation. My list of things to complete is long. Some things are necessary and some are completely random and unnecessary. Most are completely random and unnecessary.


I need to clean out closets. And organize storage. My cupboards should be gone through. My fridge needs to be cleared and cleaned. Windows washed. Yadda yadda.

I also "need" to paint a dresser. Sew some skirts and shirts for my girl. (The inspiration came easily there...check out what Amy J. is doing.) I want to do some fun things like that.

Sew some pillows.

Make a blanket for a friend about to have a baby.

Bake some caramel bars.

Send some letters.

Get my nails done.


Cut flowers for an arrangement on my coffee table. {check}


My list goes on and on...and on and on...and the longer I sit not doing the necessary, the more random unnecessaries I dream up. So that list gets longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, wait! I'm feeling motivated.





Here. Now I can cross one thing off the list. Hmmm. What next? Further bulletins as events warrant.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good idea to do the most inspirational thing on the list first! The flowers are lovely and how awesome that you could just walk out the door, snip away and come up with something so beautiful. You forgot something on your list: sit with favorite beverage and sip slowly while having feet elevated as you enjoy your latest book - directly in front of the item you have already crossed off your list : ) enjoy... the rest will still be there tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Preach it Nonna. Sharpening the saw allows you to accomplish much more. If it were an iced coffee, talk about inspiration. Thanks for sharing from the beauty that surrounds u

Betty said...

The flowers will inspire you to get at some other things..but often the most ' seemingly useless things' give us or someone else the most joy! Mundane everyday stuff can wait..I agree with Nonna, put up your feet and take a rest!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you found your motivation. I have found that as my list gets longer, I tend to get overwhelmed and slow down!!

neeter said...

Caramel bars! Please share if you make them. I can smell them in my mind.

redeemed diva said...

I love your blog. All the time. Every post. Great arrangements