Tuesday, February 10, 2009

the next day

I walked my girl into the school today. Having washed everything that came home from school with her yesterday, as a precaution, I wanted to be sure it was going to remain uncontaminated today. (Please don't hate me. I didn't tell her that we don't want it contaminated....this is all going on in my mind. My beautiful mind. My crazy wonderful horrible mind.)

I met her teacher out in the hall, and, bless her, she is just as precautionary as I am. I feel reassured. A little.

In my mind, everything feels tainted. I'm sure that I have some sort of diagnosable condition when it comes to these compulsions. As we walked out of the school all the children were coming in, filling the halls. There was a lot of commotion as they went to their lockers to drop off backpacks and coats. I felt like they all had cooties. It's horrible. I know that they don't have cooties...but I have this nearly uncontrollable urge to wash all of our clothes after walking through the halls.

God bless educators.

Excuse me while I go and shave off my hair.

1 comment:

Mrs. MK said...

homeschooling or burning down your house....hmmmmm.


Hope the lice leave soon!