Monday, September 14, 2009

eleven


A lot of years ago, this really hot guy asked me to a movie.

I wasn't sixteen (15 years, 8 months) and old enough to officially date yet by my parent's standards. But I told him 'yes' anyhow.

He came by to pick me up, and I hollered to my mom, "I'm going to the movies with Amy." And left in a flourish of excitement and Aussie hairspray.

As time went on, I watched this hot guy play hockey. And football. And baseball. Oh, the baseball.....I watched so much baseball. (Baseball had the best uniforms.)

When I close my eyes, I can still see him in my mind's eye. After the game. Walking from the dugout towards the stands, where I would wait for him. He has this walk...

Saturday marks eleven years since the day we wed.

If I could go back and relive it exactly as it has been, I would.

I'm so lucky.

The moral of this story:

Always lie to your parents.

:)

4 comments:

poppa said...

good thing he played baseball, because you would never go to prom with a hockey player :)

he is a keeper

oh the times we had....

redeemed diva said...

ahahahaha! That's an awesome ending!!

Nonna said...

Good thing Amy didn't come by later in the eve to blow your cover, you might have missed a prom or something! Will be interesting when Amy comes to your house : ) 1437

Tamatha said...

hahaha.....that's funny!