Saturday, October 10, 2009

{seasonal} peanut butter cookies

My husband brought home a bag of candy corn a few days ago.

I like candy corn a little. I really really like them mixed with peanuts.

I don't have peanuts.

I do have peanut butter.

So I made these:


I cannot. stop. eating. them.

They are puffy and delicious. I pressed a single candy corn into each of them before baking, which totally melted the candy corn...but it left a sticky impression in which I placed another candy corn when I took them out of the oven. Candy corn, candy corn, candy corn.

If you need a little peanutliciousness in your life here's the recipe:

1 cup peanut butter
1 stick of butter, melted, then cooled
3 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

(mixed all together, then add...)

1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
nice pinch of salt

Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet, press in a candy corn. Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 12-15 minutes...take them out before they're completely done (so they're not crispy) and press in another candy corn.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ooh that sounds like something my fil would LOVE! I'm gonna earn some huge brownie points making those for him. Thanks!!!

MKMiller said...

as soon as I finished reading this post, I wandered into the kitchen to grab a handful of candy corns I *cough* bought for my husband