Monday, March 5, 2007

Paper, paper, paper

I have been sitting here, cooped up in my house for the last few weeks. (Not literally, I've gotten out several times, but am feeling rather dramatic today.) And, have been hearing of all these lovely home projects that friends and family are diving into. I was not in the game. There wasn't anything for me to do. The creative juices were flowing, but I had no where to direct them. Until...

We did some organizing in our basement, and I happened upon a box of wallpaper that I had forgotten about. Voila! Home projects here I come!!

I had just enough of a neutral natural stripe to paper the wall at the top of the stairs. I love it. It added just enough jazz to the hall. Not too much, not over-the-top, just enough. Like a nice pair of earrings....not like a nice pair of earrings and 4 great necklaces and 6 fun bracelets and all the rings from my jewelry box. (*disclaimer* Over bejeweling certainly has it's place, just not a the top of my staircase.)

I was also pumped to discover this wonderful gnarled magnolia branch patterned paper that works perfectly in the bath. I'm nearly finished papering it, and can't wait to rethink the decorative elements to top it all off.

I'd better go and finish before my husband comes home from work. He just loves to be surprised by these things. At least, I think he should love to be surprised by these things.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh, home projects are fun :)