Friday, March 2, 2007

Snowy Day

...or, Several Snowy Days. We've been blanketed. We are living in Winter Wonderland. There are few canned goods in WW. It's beautiful here, but the population is getting a bit cranky. It seems we've caught a few bad cases of cabin fever.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I saw an opportunity for some outdoor exercise this morning. After sizing up the drifts in our driveway, I turned on a movie for the kids, laid a blanket atop of my napping Knight in Shining Armor, bundled myself up and clomped outside.

There were several thigh-high drifts, which required more muscle than I'm made of to break through. I left those alone and scraped off the snow valleys, pushing a nice clear patch behind my car. Feeling pride in my accomplishment, I made a small walkway that would certainly please our Mail Carrier.

My body was getting a little worn out, but I was feeling so great...think of how much work I was saving my husband! He would be so pleased with me as well. However, the noise I was making scraping off the front steps woke him from his cat nap, and he RUSHED out to rescue me. He was aghast that I was shoveling, and was even more upset that our neighbor was working his way across our front walk with his snow blower. In my mind, said neighbor was doing us a kind-neighborly deed...while in my husband's mind, our neighbor saw a woman shoveling and was coming to the rescue himself. (We are wired so differently)

It all ended well. I got to enjoy sitting on a cleared front step and watching as my Knight shoveled through those huge drifts and cleared the remainder of the drive. My hero. :)

No comments: