Friday, October 26, 2007

Ah. Yes.

Coffee. With cream. And sugar. I love it. It sings to me.

Is that weird? Yes. I know it is weird. But, it's one of those things that is bigger than what it actually is...it's more than just a beverage. It's calm. It's special. It's happiness. (Have I shared too much?)



And autumn. Goodness! This is the BEST time of year. It's beautiful. It's mesmerizing. Last Sunday, I sat and watched the leaves fall off the tree. For 20 minutes. There was one leaf in particular that looked as though it was ready to fall. I made a pact with myself that as soon as that leaf fell, I would get on with my day. I would peel myself from the window. I can't remember who needed me and what they needed from me, but someone pulled me out of that trance. I stopped to look on Tuesday and *the* leaf was still there. So it was probably a good thing that I was pulled away from the window on Sunday. I might still be gazing there now. Huh.

There was going to be a point to all this rambling, but the I've lost my train of thought. I'll pop back in tomorrow. I'm sure it will come back to me at 3 am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love rambling..
Coffee..I like it strong and black!
Most of the leaves have fallen here, only a few still clinging..