Thursday, December 20, 2007

Does anyone have a paper bag?

She has a boyfriend....I mean, a "special friend". A little more special than some of her other boy friends, but not as special as her girl friends, who are also special friends. (Initially she labeled him "boyfriend," but I think my eyes spoke a language that made her do a quick down grade.)

She's FIVE. I realize that this is likely nothing to get worked up over, but perhaps you've noticed by now that I tend to be dramatic. REALLY dramatic.

He gave her a gift today. Thank goodness. Because up until she walked to my waiting arms this afternoon, I was unaware of any unrelated special males in her life. I asked why this boy was giving her a gift. Did he give everyone a gift? No? Um. Are you his girlfriend? Yes? Is he your boyfriend? Whaaauuuh?! *nervous laugh on my part*

Well. Hmmm. I was hoping to deal with this in 5 years. Is it too late to start home-schooling?

3 comments:

Betty said...

Oh my!! I got a watch from a "boy"friend when I was in Gr 3 but he only gave it to me to wear for the day...it was his mother's watch and he had "taken" it for the day. So much for those dreams...lol

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!!!!!

redeemed diva said...

That's a great story! So funny. And, hey, it is never too late to homeschool--join the ranks my friend. Join us or...well, usually they say "die" at this part but that just seems a little extreme for homeschooling. haha.