Thursday, July 2, 2009

remembering

One day, years ago, my girl and I were talking. It was a sweet moment...I was so keenly aware of time marching on. I was looking into her eyes. She was looking into mine. I focused on burning the moment into my memory.

We sat that way for a long time. I thought about her. Her beauty. Her kindness. I wondered who she would become. What she would be like in a few years. I wondered what she was thinking about. Was she thinking about me? Wondering what I was like as a girl? What was holding her interest for so long?

"Mommy?"

"Yes, Peanut?"

"Know what?"

"What?"

"I can see myself. Your eyes are like mirrors."

.........................................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had that moment too.

she said on my lap, i can see myself in you.

priceless.

Visty said...

You are deeper than an ocean. I love that about you.

Anonymous said...

Love this. Have you heard Martina McBride's song "In My Daughter's Eyes?" This moment reminds me of that.