Thursday, June 24, 2010

found

Last weekend my boy attended a birthday party. On the way home from collecting him, I drove past this:
Someone had set it on the curb. I stopped. What have we here? There was a man cleaning out his garage twenty feet behind this treasure.
"Excuse me, sir? Are you getting rid of this?"
"I am."
"Is it for sale?"
"You can have it."
"Really? Are you sure? Thank you so much!"
And because I look 50 weeks pregnant he quickly came over and said, "here, let me lift it in your car for you."
I was very happy. But I think he was even happier.
He pointed out the water marks as if to apologize for its condition. Hey, pal, who am I to complain? The price is right, and everything else in my house has water marks, so it will match PERFECTLY!
I like it just fine this way.

3 comments:

Smellyann said...

Nice find!

Unknown said...

i bet your honey was glad it wasn't a door!!
oh happy day! it looks great

redeemed diva said...

love it!