Tuesday, January 7, 2014

and here's the thing

Christmas this year?  Was pretty eventful.  And by eventful, I mean full of events.  Like everyone in my family contracting strep throat.  Also our (new) furnace quit working.  5 times in 7 days.  And on the day right before Christmas eve, when my furnace was out, I thought it a good idea to bake.  You know, to keep my house toasty.  Which worked as well as it can when it's freezing Minnesota December outside and one space heater plus an oven inside. 

AND THEN, I popped some cinnamon rolls from my sweet friend Anna into the oven.  I was puttering around the kitchen.  When I heard sparks and saw FLAMES SHOOTING OUT OF MY OVEN.  Which was when my oven became dead to me. 

The good news is: now I have a new oven! 

Merry Christmas to me.

In other good news: our furnace is working again. 

In additional good news:  we no longer have strep.