Saturday, January 18, 2014

bucket list

I think most people have one?  Mine is less about things I want to accomplish and more about things I want to accumulate. 
Less exciting and more greedy. 
 
In college, we toured a Herman Miller Dealer.  The purpose of the tour was to learn about systems furniture (cubicles), but we couldn't help but learn about a handful of Design Greats during the process.  Major contributors to Midcentury Modern style. 
 
That's when I first fell in love with this chair:

I will be an official grown up when I own this chair.  In my own library.  With my own husband reclining in it as I bring him the morning paper and his coffee.  And then I'll sit down next to him in my matching Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman. We'll look out the window at the rolling hills outside.  I'll say with a happy sigh, "Honestly." (that's a word I'll use a lot when I'm older)
 
Then I'll ask what time it is.
 
And we'll listen. 
 
Because down the hall will be:
our Howard Miller (or some other) Grandfather Clock -
ready to chime on the 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and top of the hour. 
 
Or,
 
we'll listen for
our Chalet Black Forest Cuckoo Clock to sing.
 
Then I'll say, "I should really get the sheep their breakfast."

 

No comments: