Wednesday, August 12, 2009

can you hear me now?

We just got home from a wonderful camping trip. A camping trip with cousins and uncles and aunts and grandparents. Food. Fun. Family. Good times.

But a funny thing happened while we were away. I don't know if swimming caused excess water to fill the ears of my big kids, resulting in selective hearing loss....or if the campfire smoke caused me to begin speaking in inaudible tones. What ever the cause, poor (BAD!) listening has been the result.

Cue The Dad.

The.

Dad.

D

A

D

!

He had a little conference with them this morning in the playhouse.

I don't know what he told them. Or why they are "fast listeners" again. Maybe he cleaned out their ears? Maybe they played a game of tag? Maybe he gave them a big lecture? Who knows?

All I know is that when I asked them to clean up their rooms, they both hopped to it.

I could get really used to this.

The moral of this story is:

The MVP is on my team. Bring it on, children.

Bring it on.

No comments: