Thursday, June 10, 2010

fyi...

Every now and again, there will be a comment here from someone in China. Or Thailand? Or Japan....somewhere with a lovely Asian alphabet. I never know what they are saying, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with what I'm saying. It's some kind of spam, that if you click on what they write you will find yourself transported to some grody {adult} site.

I usually catch the comments and delete them.

But just in case you should see one and wonder....I'm saving you the trouble of further investigation.

Maybe there's a way to block them? I have no idea.

Just wanted to give a heads up.

And if you should know how I can prevent them in the future, that would be slick.

Carry on.

2 comments:

Sami Jo said...

Hey dollface. I've been having a ton of spam as well! So frustrating! I'm surprised your "word verification" below doesn't slow them down, but here is what I've done on my settings - instead of letting ANYONE leave a comment - I've switched mine to REGESTERED USERS - so they have to have a google account, wordpress - the like... including OpenID users. I hope I haven't messed it up foreva but we'll see - that's what I've done.

Thanks for the headsup :)
The Lady of the House

Brambleberry said...

Thanks! I'll switch it. They even posted to this post. Annoying!!