Friday, June 4, 2010

her journal

Yesterday was the last day of school. My girl brought home 40 lbs of stuff from her desk. She presented me with her writing journal and asked if I wanted to read it. (Are you kidding me? YES! How long before she hides this stuff under her bed?)

Can I just say that I struck the daughter jackpot? This girl is golden.

My favorite excerpts from her writing:


"No, I don't want a bat for a pet. My father's wife would freak out probably."
...
"When you are on a team you need to be gleeful if you lose. And you should try to be calm and willing. You don't have to be stylish or brainy. You just need to be big-hearted. And that is priceless. Plus thats all you need to be a swell team."
...
"I wouldn't like to be a paleontologist. Because I don't like to get my clothes derty. Every body else in our class might want to but I don't. So being a paleontologist isn't easy. Thats why I don't want to be one. And also they are getting derty right exactly now possibly."
...
"If you have a swell sibling their good. But if you have a wild sibling their not good. I think I am a swell sibling. And I think the same for my brothers. Plus some brothers are great when you play castle. Because they could be a gard. So sisters could be the princess or queen."

7 comments:

redeemed diva said...

Goldmine! Have a tremendous summer with your babies! What a great thing to have.And it reflects a lot on the values you are instilling in her

Unknown said...

That. is. SO. great. LOVE it. :)

Nonna said...

I love her so much. And you. Thanks for sharing and giving me a really full heart. Forever.

Visty said...

Hysterical! And sweet! I love the kid school journals. I don't think either of my kids are doing it this year; last year might have been the last.

MKMiller said...

She? Is definitely your daughter. Love it!

emily freeman said...

um. i think i love her. this is my favorite post i've read all month. maybe since january. so fantastic.

Laura said...

Those are so great. I must say you do have a wonderful daughter that is a very special friend at our house.