Sunday, August 5, 2007

Thoughts on a Sunday afternoon

I'm not quite sure exactly what to say. But the sermon today was one of wonderful conviction, and somehow motivation. I'm moved. I'm not sure what I'm moved to do. I do know that the days of my "testifying by example" are over. At least I *really* and honestly hope they are over.

Do you know what I'm saying? I know where I'm going. You can all come with me. But how will you know the way if I don't tell you? If we're both beggars, I'm just telling you where to find the food.

I've so often felt too meek to shout from the roof tops, "Good news!" What if I offend you? What if you feel differently about me afterwards? What if you don't like me anymore? In the grand scheme of things, I want you to know where you're going. I want you to be sure you know where you're going.

I want to be known on the Day of Reckoning. I am not ashamed. I want to live out loud. How do I do that? I'm not exactly sure. But, I'm pretty sure it will be louder than a friendly smile and a wave of my hand in amicable greeting.

There are a few hundred songs that I wish I could have playing as background.

But, I'll end this with the words of the song that my son started singing in church (I think he's charasmatic);

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good news! Jesus was born.
Good news! He died upon the Cross.
Good news! He rose again.
Good news! He's coming back soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will you be ready?

1 comment:

neeter said...

Amen! I am often ashamed because I am too timid to speak up. I don't know how to change this.