Monday, August 20, 2007

{wip}

I've begun the Christmas present project. Project Homemade Christmas. Or Project Boo China. (was that harsh?) (see previous post...I got way too hot under the collar last time, won't get into all that again.)


Whew. So. I've started a Christmas Dolly. I'm making her from a pattern carefully stored in my mind's eye. We'll see if this works. It's a throw back to the dolls I made when I was younger, those didn't have patterns, either, and I think it was pretty evident that I just snipped and sewed. I'm not sure if there are any surviving as evidence, however, knowing my mother, they're all likely wrapped in tissue, carefully placed in her hope chest. I hope they stay that way. Forever. (Please and thank you, Mom.)


Today must be a day of tangents. Back to the work in progress. This dolly will {hopefully} have a few changes of clothes, a blankie, a pillow, and a baby of her own. There should be enough time...will keep you posted as she progresses.

3 comments:

Mrs. MK said...

What a sweet momma you are!!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful idea and your little one will cherish that dolly! When I was little I had one made from a sock and she was so precious to me...way before all the 'bought toys' were around!! ~smile~

Anonymous said...

Ah Katie, where do you find the time?? We did some small scale homemade Christmas gitfs last year for the grandparents, they really loved them! I think you've inspired me again. :)