Monday, November 12, 2007

Jumping the gun

If I knew how to add music to this blog, I would have "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" playing. Alas. I do not know how to do that, but thought that just typing out those words would make you hum it or at least play it in your mind. Did it work? Great!

So, last night, the tree went up. Woot! I'm such a Jesus' birthday lover! What a celebration!! I am so thrilled with the season, and The Reason for the season, that it is all I can do not to start the festivities in September.

I am also super pumped about the gifts under the tree! The doll, little buddy, Al O. Dile, ssSylvester, the peanut, the purse, and the ornaments (1,2). I'm still planning on making more, but have hit a bit of a creative slump. The way I've been working (mostly) has been to lay out the bits and baubles that I have on hand. I look at them until they become something in my mind, and then I try and make the idea tangible.

Hopefully, the creative juices will start flowing freely soon. Project homemade Christmas isn't over yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are allowed a little time to let the "creative juices" flow again! You have been such a busy bee...
I too love having the tree up early and it will happen this week.

Brambleberry said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one, Betty!