Friday, November 30, 2007

Moms for Modesty

I found out about this here. ( lovely blog!)

Modesty! What a novel idea. Have you had to shop for a little girl in the last {1}5 years? Whew! There are definately some wonderful options in terms of modest dress, but you need to dig to find them. I want my little girl to look like a little girl. (Not a call girl.)

Skirts are short, jeans are low, shirts are fitted....what is going on?!

Moms for Modesty lists their mission statement:

* As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.

* I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.

* I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.

* I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.

* I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.

If you feel the same and want to sign on, you can do so here. They just grow up so fast, anyhow...

1 comment:

Betty said...

Amen to that! I don't have any little girls but wouldn't dress them either in those short tight clothes.
As you said they grow up fast enough!