1. Several of the past nights, he's gotten home after the kids are already in bed sleeping. So this morning he woke them up early and got them breakfast at Burger King and took them for a morning drive before work/school.
2. When I first started staying home with baby number 2, we completely underestimated how much it would cost us. We gobbled right through our savings. Instead of me going back to work, he got a second job. He would teach during the week, and put in 24 hour weekends in a metal manufacturing place. There were a hundred days in a row (literally) where he wouldn't get a single day off. He never complained. And once, when he overheard me telling someone how hard it was on me (!!!!) that HE was working so much, he didn't even give me the stink eye.
3. He actually plays with our kids.
4. He hardly ever gets to do anything just for himself. And he doesn't whine about it.
5. He squishes bugs (even the big ones) with his bare hand.
6. He is smart.
7. He can make things. Like, seriously, nice things.
8. He repairs our cars.
9. When he forms a political opinion, it's because he's informed, he's researched it himself, not just listened to some stupid radio or tv talking head. He is able to see all the sides. He knows his stuff. (I do not know my stuff...and sometimes he can talk me in a circle. I like that.)
10. He will talk with me for hours at night. And when I talk about stupid things, he still listens.
11. Sometimes he brings me home chile rellenos for no good reason.
12. He is superhuman strong. I've seen him lift a refrigerator. By himself.
13. He's a good guy.
14. He believes.