Tuesday, October 9, 2007

{humbled}

I have the sincere privilege of driving my daughter to Kindergarten every morning. Most mornings I wear glorified pajamas...you know...clothes that could go either way, but are way casual.

Today, was not one of those days. Today, I tried. I wore a cute sweater vest. I did my hair. I was feeling it. I know that I am not hot stuff. But, I could have passed for warm stuff this morning. Yeah, honey.


So, after dressing the kids, we get in the car and head to school. My son and I walk my kindergartner to the play ground, and watch as she plays until the "line-up bell" rings. I greet teachers, other parents, children. (I'm in a good mood. I'm cool.)


The bell rings, we watch the kids go into school, and head to the car. I get my little guy buckled. I climb into the front seat and settle in. I feel something. I reach to my back where I find a hair claw clipped onto my sweater. I pull it off. I turn to the back seat and see my {nearly} three year old stinker grinning at me.

"Did you put this on Mommy at home?" I ask.

"Yes. I did," he snickers. Copious giggles ensue, from him.

Humility rains down upon me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

B I G smiley face here

1437

Anonymous said...

Okay I'm sorry but I too am giggling! You must admit it is funny..

Anonymous said...

That is great!

Sarri said...

Too cute! (giggle!)