Monday, October 22, 2007

{wip}

Here is the start of the hutch project. There used to be some sloppy shelves here that I nailed up when we first moved in. This little niche is perfect for shelving. These are a huge improvement. This piece was part of a large wall unit at my Granny's house. By the grace of an aunt, they came into my possession. My house isn't large enough for them to be anywhere in their former splendor, so my talented husband set to dismantle, trim, cut, repurpose, and then REmantle them. (is that a word?)

If you follow this, you can see the dorky shelves that I stapled up. Really...I should steer clear of all things construction.

This piece still needs its top, and a door at the base, and perhaps a stick of crown and a few of facia trim...I just wanted to put this up so my parents (and you!) could see the progress. Next up on the docket is a little bench to go here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks as beautiful as it did in Granny's home - Aaron is an amazing carpenter. Can't wait to see it in person!! 1437

Anonymous said...

A bench in that spot will be perfect..looks like it was planned with that in mind!
Hubby building it?