Friday, November 16, 2007

Christmas outfits

I'm in a whole new mindset with my handmade Christmas mission. What do I dress my children in? (Such a quandary, right?) Well, we had this great dress that my daughter wore in a wedding, as a flower girl, this summer. Adorable dress, but ivory. Ivory is perfect for a wedding, but not so perfect for the Holidays. (I realize that these are small beans...not the hugest of deals, but fun problems to have.)

I remembered a blog I read a few months ago, where this clever gal dyed some stained onesies to bring them back to life. I thought, "why not try that with the dress?!" So I did. And it worked! The dress was dyed in the same bath as the oxford shirt my son will wear. The shirt is a great burnt orange, and the dress a very light coral. I dyed a stained pair of khakis, a turtle neck and some tights in cocoa...and the results are as follows...

The bow came with the dress. I'm loving the goofy mix of colors.

Even the pearl buttons took the color. (I know!)

This used to be a stained white oxford with grass knee khakis...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In cocoa you say?? Have never heard of that before.
Those outfits look really nice.

Brambleberry said...

Well, not *actual* cocoa...but, cocoa colored Rit dye. :)

Tam I Am said...

Sweet clothes, way to recycle!!

Me in word: different/special & unique all came up but I'd rather be snazzy or jazzy.

Yes, you made me hum "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas".

Happy Holidays toyou.

Anonymous said...

Now you know how much I know about "dying stuff"...good thing I didn't try the cocoa..LOL

nichelle said...

love it!