Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's been one of those days, again.

You know the kind? When you finally tell your naughty son, "There will be a consequence. You'll have to wait until your father comes home." (age three is tougher than two--hands down.)

So, what is a gal to do after saying those words? Why not string together some beads? (Gotta do something to keep the sanity.)

The knitting is not going as planned. I can cast on like nobody's business. Nobody's. It's the stuff that comes after that part that isn't working out so well. Boo. But, beads...you can't really go wrong there. There's only one hole to poke through, and I can handle that!

And then there's the stew that I made yesterday that I had planned on serving through out the week. Uh, who knew that rutabaga and yams don't blend so well with green peppers? You know now. Even some wonderful parmigiano-reggiano didn't save it.

So, tonight my friends, tonight, Daddy's cooking. Which means we're eating out. So the dishes are a good catch for my necklace. (It is advisable, when contacting your husband about said naughty 3 year old, to do it while he's yelling in the background--it has more oomfph...and increases your chances of eating out.)

Maybe my favorite sister-in-law would prefer a necklace around her neck than a scarf?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww..too bad about the knitting, I taught my granddaughter to knit, (scarf of course) and she kept having trouble with the tension but once she got that she moved right along. Said scarf is still in the making 2 years later...lol
Love the beading!
Supper out sounds fun.

Jessica Moreau Berry said...

The necklace is lovely...she'll love it!

(what about crocheting?)

http://sweetpeas.motime.com

Anonymous said...

You know your sister-in-law would love that necklace! You are so talented! Oh, and just wait until that nephew of mine turns four...that's a fun age too!!

Mrs. MK said...

Have you tried knittinghelp.com?

They have some great videos---and it's really helped me out!

Don't give up!!

nichelle said...

hilarious! my son is also 3 and let me tell you, i always try and call the hubby before he calms down! us girls tend to be a little dramatic, don't we! but sympathy is a beautiful thing! i stumbled across your blog in the maze of others that i love! i have added it to my favorites because your life sounds like mine!