Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I was thinking...

(I know those words make my husband shudder.)

I really love my town. A lot. It's wonderful. BUT! As with all towns ~ everywhere ~ there are spaces and places overtaken by shady characters. You know, the places where you don't necessarily care to be alone at night. Places where everyone assumes that drug deals are being made, where teenagers are being taken from angst to addiction...places that should be filled with fun and innocence:

The skate park where children with fantastic abilities should be able to do their tricks, expend their energy, where they should be able to hang, and chill, and be unique and individual exactly like everyone else.

The beautiful park north of town where two "gangs" fought once, that should be a place for families with children to spend weekends picnicing, having bonfires, roasting s'mores...where everyone is now afraid to congregate past nightfall.

The strip club...where men are trapped in a lustful web of sin and deceit.

There are so many many wonderful corners of my town tainted by the evils of society. I've had enough. Do you know what I think would be enough to cure my town? Moms. Lots of them. Armed with coffee, cookies and prayer.

I think strategically placed groups of a dozen {or so} moms could cramp the style of all that is wrong in my town. Moms clapping after the coolio moves of the skateboarder. Moms offering cookies and hugs to the children who's mothers don't bake or shower them with love and snuggles. And moms making eye contact with the men walking past them and in to the strip joint.

As the "cool places" grow and change, the army of mothers could grow and change. We could love up all these lost souls, so that the void ~ that they are trying so hard to fill ~ isn't so empty.

Think it could work?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a great idea..now to find the Moms!

Unknown said...

I KNOW it could work - you go girl... and all the Moms who will join you!

Anonymous said...

You know what? I really think it could.

Anonymous said...

Well, it's certainly worth a try!
Good idea!

Tam I Am said...

ummmm...


YES!!!

hold em all accountable says I.

Unknown said...

I know it could work. What a fantastic idea.

Thanks for visiting my place and leaving such nice comments.

Teresa

neeter said...

fantastic idea!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! LOVE NEVER FAILS!

What do you say, Mothers? Is it time to join together, arm in arm, and gang up on society??

I'm in!! Any fellow Mom's in Florida? *grin*

nichelle said...

what a beautiful idea...that is just what they need...