Friday, December 21, 2007

Heaven

I've been thinking a lot about Heaven lately. I'm not sick. Just dying. Eventually. Like the rest of the world.

My kids ask about it...they want to know what it will be like. Well, I know that it is wonderful. WONDERFUL! W.O.N.D.E.R.F.U.L!!

We talk about how great it will be there. That we'll get to meet Noah, Jonah, Mary and Joseph, King David, et al. How it will be better than any place on earth. They'll get to meet grandparents they didn't know here. It will be awesome! Beautiful! Delicious!

And you know, those are the terms in which I've often thought of Heaven. How great it will be (and it will!). But the One MOST IMPORTANT REASON for wanting to be there, was usually left out of those thoughts. Am I kidding me?! Jesus will be there! We'll be able to sing His praises. He. is. there. That's why I want to be there. That's why I want to want to be there. That is why I want my kids to want to be there. Not because it is some magical land of wonderfulness. But because the Saviour of our souls is there, waiting for us!

I get so caught up, sometimes, that my focus shifts from the reason I'm here. The Reason for this Glorious Season. Christmas. CHRISTmas. Jesus Christ was born. And died. For me. (and for You!) HE is in Heaven. But the best news of all is that He paid the price of admission.

May you not lose sight of the Reason.

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Betty said...

Well said...let's remember the reason for the season!
Merry Christmas!

redeemed diva said...

I agree. Great post. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Makes us think of how blessed we are! Thank you for the great post.

Anonymous said...

There's a scene at the end of Polar Express when Santa is about to come out and the elves are all cheering then start singing. I had a dream once that was exactly that scene. Only, instead of Santa it was Jesus. The joy I felt in that dream is only a tiny preview of what is to come.