Thursday, January 10, 2008

The latest

I was asked the other day about my favorite medium...hmmm...

I thought about it. Do I have a favorite? Sure. What day is it? What way is the wind blowing? What do I have right here, right now? My favorite medium is which ever is the closest at hand when the mood strikes. Flaky? Perhaps.
Yesterday, I had yarn, a needle, this fabric that I'd stapled to a frame, and a little boy who's current favorite animal is the giraffe. So, yesterday's favorite medium was textile. Tomorrow? It will depend upon the wind.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this at one time a birch tree??? It's amazing!!!

Brambleberry said...

The birch trees are still in two pieces...this is the cousin to the tree. Same fabric, nearly the same yarn. :)

Betty said...

You are an amazing woman!

redeemed diva said...

Let's here it for being creative and using what's at your fingertips. Amazing!

Unknown said...

when your imagination knows no bounds, amazing things happen. Many people on see yarn, wood and paint, not so with you. God has given you an amazing talent and I am so happy that you are using it so wonderfully. morph on