Monday, November 10, 2008

when the cat's away...

...the mice will rearrange and paint the bedrooms.

My husband took the two older kids up to his parent's for the weekend. I was so lonely! But, my wee babe, some good friends, and a fun project helped make the time pass more quickly.

I swapped the kids rooms, and painted the boys' room yellow. Added a few trucks around the top in my first and last attempt at wall mural-ing. They turned out okay, and I know that neither one of the boys will care if they look a little crude. I'm hoping.

My crew returns today, and I can hardly stand it. My apron strings are simply not elastic enough to stretch so far.....I hope they enjoyed their one and only trip with out me. I'm kidding. Or maybe not.

4 comments:

peeking out villa villekulla said...

I'm glad you got everything done. They are going to be SOOOOOOOOOOO excited to see you too!

Betty said...

Aww it is so hard to be apart but as the saying goes 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'..is that possible when you already love them so much??
Big painting project all done..good for you!

peeking out villa villekulla said...

After our recent conversation I had to have another look-see.. and then I had a good chuckle...

Anonymous said...

What? No pictures?