It has taken several attempts and a few variations, until I got this right. I'm finally satisfied with this one. It's great toasted. Plain. Bun. Loaf.
It's just plain. old. good.
Honey Oat Bread
2 1/2 cup lukewarm water
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp honey
4 tsp yeast
: : : :
2 tsp salt
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups whole wheat flour
4 cups all purpose flour
- Combine first four ingredients in a bowl. Proof 10 minutes.
- In seperate bowl, combine last four ingredients.
- Combine two bowls, knead 10-15 minutes.
- Rise until doubled (about an hour)
- Punch down, place into loaf pan ~ or form into buns
- Rise until doubled (45 min-1 hour)
- Bake at 350 ~ 35 minutes for two loaves, 20 minutes for buns.
- Invite me over to eat them with you over afternoon tea.